We use Vital Oxide to disinfect surfaces. Vital Oxide is an EPA-registered hospital disinfectant cleaner, mold killer, and odor eliminator. Its non-bleach formula contains a unique form of stabilized chlorine dioxide that is very effective at killing bacteria, viruses, and mold yet non-corrosive to treated articles and gentle enough to handle without causing skin irritation. It kills 99.999% of food borne bacteria, including E. coli, Salmonella, and Listeria in less than 60 seconds and does not contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
We also use electrostatic technology to apply Vital Oxide. We have invested in this technology because it is the most effective way to treat surfaces. 70-80% of surfaces have either a negative or neutral charge. The tool we use adds a positive charge to the solution as it is dispensed. The opposite charges attract resulting in a pull 75 times greater than gravity. This pull activates the solution and it encapsulates the surface, reaching corners, crevices, under-sides, and other places that would be missed with simple wiping.
Furthermore, like-charged particles repel, so the solution equally disperses along the negative or neutral surface and does not pile up. This ensures the entire surface is covered with the disinfecting solution.
Vital Oxide is a bleach-free, no phosphates, no harsh chemicals, and non-corrosive to treated articles. It produces no harmful byproducts or fumes and is non-irritating to skin. The EPA has classified this solution under category 4 toxicity rating; the EPA's safest rating. Vital Oxide is not considered hazardous by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard and does not pose any potential health effects including eye, skin or inhalation irritations. It is even non-toxic if ingested.
Yes, this material is safe to use around children and animals.
When we complete our service, the space will be disinfected. Within 30 minutes, outside contaminants, germs, and bacteria can re-contaminate the space. If you have only healthy individuals in the space, great. If someone carries in a virus (COVID19 droplets or other), then an area is re-contaminated.
Considering the health risks posed by the various viruses and other contaminates in our communities, we recommend disinfection service on a frequent basis. Depending on your business, that may mean daily, weekly, or monthly. We offer discounted service options if you enroll in routinely scheduled service. A scheduled treatment is a wise investment that provides peace of mind for you, your employees and their families.
The CDC defines these terms as follows:
Removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects. Does not kill germs.
Lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects to a safe level, as judged by public health standards or requirements.
Works by using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
No, although a cleaned area is ideal, to ensure maximum effectiveness of our process, desktop items and furniture may remain in place. No need to rearrange anything. The solution used in the disinfection process is safe for all surfaces except wool. The electrostatic technology will also ensure the disinfectant reaches corners, crevices, under-sides, and other hard to reach places often missed during routine cleaning service.
Yes, Vital Oxide has been deemed safe around food and food prep surfaces by the NSF International (previously the National Sanitation Foundation). The NSF rating guidelines are a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, including the FDA 21. Vital Oxide is rated “no rinse required on food contact surfaces” category D2, meaning Vital Oxide is approved for use in commercial or residential kitchens to control bacteria, viruses, and mold without the need to wash/rinse the area with water after Vital Oxide is applied.
We strongly suggest cleaning your space prior to our service to ensure maximized results. Our solution needs to contact the area to disinfect and cannot do this effectively with a barrier of dirt or grime in the way. However, it is important our solution does not mix with acidic cleaning products (like vinegar). A mixture of these liquids in their wet state would result in harmful vapors. To ensure this does not happen, all areas must be dry for 60 minutes prior to our application.
This solution eliminates malodors caused by smoke, trash, septic systems, stale cooking & more. Vital Oxide contains no masking agents or fragrances and is highly effective at neutralizing urine and fecal odors.
Call or email us anytime. We are passionate about what we do and will gladly answer your questions. email@example.com. 615-338-9595.